May 29, 2010

Meeting Landon at the Temple



Yesterday morning I met Landon at the Ogden Temple at 10am. It was great to see him and catch up, in fact we had so much catching up to do that we paused at the entrance and finished our conversation.......softball, work, married life, etc. He is really really happy, and that makes ME happy :)

As we proceeded into the temple, he to do initiatory work (our family names) and me to an endowment session (Esther "hettie" Anderson), as always, I felt so very blessed to be able to enter the temple.

I don't talk much about what goes on inside the temple, because it is sacred, but I want you to know of my feelings. I love to be there. I feel peace. I know my Heavenly Father and my Savior LOVE ME. My faith is renewed once again. And the words, "I feel so blessed", repeat over and over in my mind...many times.

This quote is from the Sunday School lesson this week. It about sums it up.

Elder John A. Widtsoe said: “I believe that the busy person … who has his worries and troubles, can solve his problems better and more quickly in the house of the Lord than anywhere else. If he will [do] the temple work for himself and for his dead, he will confer a mighty blessing upon those who have gone before, and … a blessing will come to him, for at the most unexpected moments, in or out of the temple will come to him, as a revelation, the solution of the problems that vex his life. That is the gift that comes to those who enter the temple properly” (quoted by David B. Haight, in Conference Report, Oct. 1990, 76; or Ensign, Nov. 1990, 61).

No comments:

Post a Comment