May 22, 2010

Arizona Temple?


Of the many times we've been to Arizona in the last 10 years to visit Manda, I've never taken the time to visit this temple. I'm so glad I finally made the time in the EARLY morning (6:30 am) session one week ago today (March 15, 2010).

I've always called this the Mesa Temple, and was surprised that the wording on the temple itself said Arizona Temple. Apparently this was the original name (now changed), and it's not surprising, since this WAS the only temple in Arizona for many years. Now there is one in Snowflake (operational), one in Gila Valley (Open House stage), and TWO MORE in the planning/building stages (Phoenix and Gilbert). I can hardly wait to visit the others when they are completed.

You can read more about the Mesa Arizona Temple here.

I enjoyed an endowment session, and am always intrigued by new things. Endowment sessions are basically the same, but the way you progress/move into different areas/rooms in different temples changes with each temple. When you are experiencing a temple for the first time, it is exciting, and you are not sure what to expect. Wondering what beautiful paintings, murals, furniture, carpeting, color scheme, etc., you might encounter. Some things that caught my eye in the Mesa Temple, were the antique furniture, the square walls, the wide staircase, right angled veil......... It was a unique experience, and I want to return again.

When I came out of the temple about 8:15 am, I passed brides and grooms entering, and I couldn't help but think about Landon and Kacey, just a few weeks ago. There were also many people working on the temple grounds, trimming bushes, raking, etc. They appeared to be volunteers. One other thing I might mention is the housing surrounding the temple. There are signs, proclaiming this the "Temple Historic District", and the houses, circa 1920, are as cute, tiny, and well maintained as can be. I would love to live in one of them !

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gwen.. I found your blog too! My husband, John and I were sealed in the beautiful Mesa Temple. Marcus, our oldest who was almost 1, was brought in and sealed to us. I know Angels were with us that day including my Grandparents. I love this Temple. My parent, my Grandparents, and all my siblings were married here.

    ReplyDelete