May 19, 2010

Manti Temple

Have you ever seen THIS view? I hadn't either. This is the North side of the temple where you enter. I have only seen the South side, from the viewpoint of the Manti Pageant production.

The Manti Temple was dedicated in 1888, the 2nd temple (St. George was the 1st) completed in our dispensation. The Salt Lake Temple was still under construction. What a beautiful building. Walking down the hallway, I couldn't help but notice the embossed baby pink wallpaper that looked to be velvet to the touch, the deep rose carpet (old fashioned replica), and the antique lamps with hanging glass prisms, reminiscent of Pollyanna's movie.

I didn't complete an endowment session here, only initiatory work for my ancestors, Anna Susan Friedmann and Catherine Schneider. The workers were so accommodating with my need for speed :) as Roger was cruising the happening town of Manti while he waited.

I look forward to attending an endowment session here this coming June.

No comments:

Post a Comment