March 05, 2010

I am so blessed !


Those are the words that I thought, as I took the opportunity to go to the Salt Lake Temple yesterday. I had meetings at the State Capitol, and afterward as I drove the short little bit down the hill to the temple, all I could think of was how going to THE SALT LAKE TEMPLE is such a dream and desire of SO MANY members around the world.......and here I was, able to go, without much effort, cost......how very blessed I am.

I spent a few hours inside, doing initiatory work and an endowment session. I have never done initiatory work in the Salt Lake Temple, only participated in baptisms, witnessed sealings, and attended endowment sessions. I was able to do initiatory work for 5 of my ancestors, 4 of whom were a mother (Alice), and her 3 daughters, Alice, Kate, and Margaret. Their last name was Hatfield.

The endowment session was wonderful. I enjoy moving from room to room, enjoying the beautiful mural paintings on the walls of the Creation, Garden, and World rooms. I am always in awe of the Celestial Room at the end, it is indescribable. The intricate workmanship just leaves me shaking my head in awe. I sat there for quite a little while, just feeling the peaceful spirit, and observing the people. Young couples, older couples, a sister reading her patriarchal blessing, and little old man who couldn't have weighed over 80 pounds shuffling along, everyone a child of God. How blessed we are to be members of this church, and to have the gospel in our lives, and to enjoy the blessings of the temple.

When I came out of the temple, it was raining and snowing, and I didn't have a coat, hat, or umbrella, because it had been sunny when I entered. The young sister (who was reading her blessing) and I were soaked as we waited to cross the street and enter the conference center, to take the elevators down to the parking garage. It was an adventure ! I suppose the next time I will attend this temple will be for Kacey's own personal endowment, which will take place a week or two before the wedding in April. I can hardly wait !

No comments:

Post a Comment