January 26, 2010

Finally - it was found :)

We traveled to Arizona to visit Amanda and Cam in Mesa, and mom and dad in Yuma. On the way down and back we stopped in Las Vegas, and I found out MUCH to my dismay, that I couldn't find the temple in the dark! I drove around for an hour, looking for Bonanza Drive, but no luck :( My Tom Tom was no help either, because I had the WRONG address plugged in.

On the way back from AZ, I was able to find the temple(after perusing an actual map). As it turns out, I was only TWO block from Bonanza, (going North on Nellis), when I gave up and turned around two nights previous.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, and I was able to attend an endowment session for my ancestor, Free Temger. I was alert and attentive, and so excited to get in the temple, that I completely forgot my clothing in the car, and had to rent :)

The Las Vegas temple is beautiful in the muted pinks and mauves (desert colors), but in the early morning (before sunrise), the blue was showing through the beautiful windows in the Celestial Room. I had never noticed that color before. It was a wonderful way to spend an early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment