June 23, 2011

Sealings at the Temple

Today I was able to complete 67 sealings at the Bountiful Temple, thanks to Richard & Susan Wiscombe, my parents, Lee & Veloy Dickson, and Brother Otis Rose and Brother Phil Carter. We acted as a sealing team, and spent over one hour completing these sacred ordinances. My dad was able to be proxy for his 2nd cousin's sealing to his 2nd wife, and also mom, for dad's Great Grandpa William Slade's first wife's daughter's sealing to her husband. Their daughter Sadie was finally sealed to them after these many many years, and also Myna's family of ranchers up in Montana. I know much of this doesn't make alot of sense to whoever is reading this. But to me, who has worked with these names over and over, it means a great deal. I sure hope it means a great deal to them also. I was privileged to kneel proxy for some daughter's as my parents knelt proxy for the parents. That was a special experience. It was a wonderful afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment