May 17, 2011

It's further than it looks :)


I've decided there is not a "straight shot" from the LV Strip to the LV Temple.  Maybe that's a good thing :)  I wound my way through the streets of Vegas, via Tropicana, then the 95, then Flamingo, then Boulder Hwy, then Lamb, then FINALLY Bonanza.  As I headed east towards the temple, the words "The Mountain of the Lord" came to my mind.  A HUGE mountain rises from behind the temple, and the road climbs considerably as you drive towards it.  Once there I completed initiatory work for 11 women, all related.  They were grandmothers, mothers, daughters, and sisters from Montana.  I spent a considerable amount of time on Ancestry.com compiling their family information, and also received invaluable information from the Great Falls Genealogy Society.  It was a wonderful hour spent in the LV temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment