February 21, 2010

A Good Decision


Yesterday afternoon I was shopping in Ogden, and by the time I got things done it was about 5:30 pm. I was tired, I didn't want to go to the temple. I wanted to go home and relax....... I chose to go to the temple.

When I got there, it was PACKED. There were literally no parking spaces, not in the covered parking, not on top of the parking garage, not in the tabernacle parking lot..... I decided to try the street parking, but then decided against it, because my car was packed with purchases, and I was afraid that my car might be broken into on the main streets of Ogden.

I tried one last time, driving back into the parking lot, and I saw an older gentleman walking out. I followed him, and was able to get his spot. As I walked into the temple, there were people everywhere. There was a line at the recommend desk, and there were about 20 women waiting to do initiatory work. I was undaunted. I got dressed, and proceeded to wait. I read from Genesis as I waited, the Sunday School lesson about Lot and his wife, and Sodom and Gomorrah.

After an hours wait, I was able to take my five ancestors, and have their work done for them. I'm so glad I took the time and effort. It was worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment